DIPLOMACY: Memetic Morphing

From: Ken Meyering (ken@define.com)
Date: Wed Nov 11 1998 - 06:29:46 MST

Does anyone know of any systematic deprogramming techniques that can
be used to efficiently reprogram Regilious believe systems to
rational belief systems?

For example, if you were in charge of network programming for Baghdad
metropolitan and suburban television, and had an unlimited supply of
SONY Trinitron televisions to hand out, would it be possible to
convert the citizens' attitudes to some that were more friendly to
Western ideas?

In the interest of "Open Systems", what if we were to suddenly
eliminate National Borders and Customs? What would happen?

How could we accelerate memetic propagation in such a way that there
could evently be free and unrestricted global travel and goods
distribution?

ken@define.com