Re: Defining Transhumanism

From: Mike Linksvayer (ml@justintime.com)
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 21:49:26 MDT

Max More wrote:
> TRANSHUMANISM: Any philosophy of life that seeks the acceleration of our
> development beyond its current human limitations by means of science,
> technology, creativity, and other rational methods.

Acceleration of development is not necessarily required to go beyond
current human limitations, particularly on the timescale of a century
or two mentioned in this thread. I don't care for stipulating
acceleration because it is practically impossible to measure something
like human development, but acceleration implies some form of
measurement.

--
See From: and Organization: above.  Call +1 415 553 6408 for assistance.