RE: ECON: What Jim Legg doesn't understand

From: Jim Legg (income@ihug.co.nz)
Date: Tue Feb 04 1997 - 19:02:40 MST

M Lorrey:
Show me one place in the present economy where infinity is a viable
economic indicator. It is ALL finite, no matter how big it is. no matter
how much of a feedback loop you are in, it is still FINITE. you can't
even get any spreadsheet program anywhere to be able to calculate with
infinity without bolluxing up your program. Just because the sort of
numbers we are foreseeing in the next few decades are HUGE, they are
still closer to zero than they are to infinity.

You forget that by definition the study of economics is about the study of 'price' and that it has always needed a zero-sum formula. I hate using such a loaded term but 'bionomics' would be a positive-sum starting point for the future. However, bionomics has a hidden agenda and, because it wants to perpetuate existing power structures, I am unconvinced.