Re: Godhood vs Children

From: Amara Graps (Amara.Graps@mpi-hd.mpg.de)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 13:35:36 MDT

From: Brian Phillips (deepbluehalo@earthlink.net)
>Now. When you have intelligent young men who are deeply romantic, love
>children, and have great amounts of solid nuclear family
>background....and they coldbloodedly decide to opt for sperm storage
>and a vasectomy, and a life without matrimony.... something serious
>is happening.

Several of my male friends have told me that the behavior of some men
in my past made them sorry that they shared the same gender,
therefore, let me offer the same to you: I'm truly sorry that some of
my gender have brought about this situation for you.

>Women who bemoan this have only their own gender to
>blame. ::shrug::: Think of it as the gender conflict equivalent of
>someone who, declining to vote for a corrupt government,
>simply votes with their feet...and leaves the game.

No, I've not left the 'game'. I've come to the conclusion that my
naivte is with me for good. Even though there's been times in my life
that I have needed years to heal and recover from what I considered
devastating heartbreak, I'm quite sure that I'll always view men as
adorable, and I won't vote in the way that you did. The little kid
inside still wants men to play with me :-).

So I wonder: have you asked lately what the little child inside wants?

Amara

Amara Graps                |   Max-Planck-Institut fuer Kernphysik
Interplanetary Dust Group  |   Saupfercheckweg 1
+49-6221-516-543           |   69117 Heidelberg, GERMANY
Amara.Graps@mpi-hd.mpg.de  *   http://galileo.mpi-hd.mpg.de/~graps
      "Never fight an inanimate object." - P. J. O'Rourke