RE: vegetarianism and transhumanism

From: natashavita@earthlink.net
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 12:26:09 MDT

A vegetarian and a vegan are two separate concepts. Those who are vegans are very strict about all animal products. Most vegetarians do consume dairy. Alternatively, some meat eating individuals do not consume any dairy products. Dairy products are dangerous for lactose intolerance and make those who have lactose intolerance very ill. Others simply stay away from a dairy products because of mucus problems and/or allergies.

Eating a full blown-out diet of meat is known to be unhealthy. Anyone who sees it otherwise either has a leg up on the health/medical industry or is fooling him/herself. It has a lot of fat in it. It also can cause digestive problems.

Many people need some sort of meat in their diets, as evidenced by having tried a vegetarian diet and gotten ill. Others have enjoyed vegetarian or even Vegas diets for decades with no problems.

The central issue is each person's individual body and each individual person's point of view concerning eating red meat, poultry or even fish.

Decide for yourself what you need to keep active and healthy. If it disturbs you to eat dead animals, don't do it. I eat plenty of fish becaue for my needs it is the best alternative for eating meat. Otherwise, eat read meat in moderation, get plenty of veggies and, especially broccoli, and take designer vitamins and exercise. All other issues pro or con vegetarian view stumble down to personal ethics.

Natasha