Re: Extropy a cult -- NOT. well, WHY NOT?

From: Spike Jones (spike66@attglobal.net)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 22:15:56 MDT

> >While I'm not as offended as Max by this thread, I can certainly understand
> >his offense. Extropy is just plain NOT a cult. It's silly to say so.
>
> Zero Powers wrote: So someone says you're part of a cult. So what?

I've wondered the same. What's so bad about just being a cult,
even if it really isn't? If we are going to be accused of being a cult
anyway, why not just be one?

It can be a special kind of cult, one which has no single
charismatic leader, one where people must think for themselves,
a cult which does not do your thinking for you. This can be a
cult that does not demand one's resources. Perhaps we could
improve greatly the reputation of the term cult. spike