RE: vegetarianism and transhumanism

From: arctic.fox@ukgateway.net
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 06:20:07 MDT

Thanks for your comprehensive post on vegetarianism Harvey. The reasons for
giving up meat vary greatly from person to person but seem to fall into
three broad camps of ethical, environmental and health.

Just a couple of points:

1) For the record could you clarify if you are vegetarian or vegan? When
you refer to vegetarian foods this could mean cholesterol laden eggs etc to
some people.

2) In modern America it doesn't seem to be a lack of protein that is of
concern, more the vast excess that around a third of the population seem to
be consuming.

Cheers,

Paul

"Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat." Alex Levine

At 11:30 03/06/01, Harvey Newstrom wrote:

>I quit eating animals, fowl, and fish in 1986. I have little interest in
>animal rights or the environment. It was a self-serving decision on my
>part. My nutritional research for my book _Nutrients_Catalog_
><http://harveynewstrom.com/biotech/nutrientscatalog/index.html> convinced
>that eating lower on the food chain was a healthier way to absorb nutrients.
<snip>