Re: nuclear power

From: John Marlow (johnmarlow@gmx.net)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 01:31:25 MDT

Windscale. Idaho Falls. Brown's Ferry. Three Mile Island. Chernobyl.
Who needs terrorists? Another Chernobyl seems far more likely.

jm

On 1 Jun 2001, at 2:13, Smigrodzki, Rafal wrote:

I like nuclear power as a technical solution and I am not worried
about waste and accidents but there is one big problem - any eco-
terrorist or suicide bomber with a few tons of high explosive could
drive up to a power plant and make the surrounding 1000+ sq miles
unlivable for the next couple hundred years. Unfortunately, in
assessing any technology we have to consider the potential for
malicious attacks.
Rafal
Rafal Smigrodzki MD-PhD
Dept Neurology University of Pittsburgh