re: Progress: what does it mean to you?

From: Natasha Vita-More (natasha@natasha.cc)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 21:02:31 MDT

At 04:06 PM 5/28/01 -0900, John wrote:

>I suppose Damien Broderick's book _The Spike_ does a good job of trying to
explain the "progress of progress." The way each year technological
development in various fields works together in a synergistic way which
seems to snowball is truly amazing.<

Putting the concept of a spike aside for just a moment (side: I highly
recommend Damien's book); let's discuss John, what does progress mean to
you? The most necessary and immediate aspects of your being - your life?
When we discuss our culture and progress, it seems that we need to look
outside the technological box, as hard as this may seem to do inasmuch as
we are a tool-based species.

Thanks for responding.

Natasha