Re: Group Entity "Illusion"

From: Ian Goddard (Ian@Goddard.net)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 15:21:03 MST

At 03:56 AM 1/23/99 -0800, James Ganong wrote:

>The Market would seem to fit certain criteria' matching those of a
>collective/conceptual entity,
>despite being a set of relationships of objects.
>Indeed, the Economy would also seem to fit these criteria. Even if the
>Economy is viewed as a stage where interactions are played out, there
>must be entities such as nations & corporations playing their roles, in
>addition to the individual humans.
>
>I guess my point is that Ayn Rand was wrong;

  IAN: The "no group entity" proposition is a fallacy
  inherent to atomism that overlooks or denies outright
  the existence of holistic connections and structures.

Visit Ian Williams Goddard -------> http://Ian.Goddard.net

               "[A] wise leader might say:
 I practise inaction, and the people look after themselves.
 I love to be quite, and the people themselves find justice.
 I don't do business, and the people prosper on their own."

                  Lao Tzu (Tao Te Ching)