Re: Nanotech Arms Race

From: EvMick@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 18:14:48 MST

In a message dated 1/21/99 4:30:07 PM Central Standard Time,
retroman@together.net writes:

> he Alvarez asteroid which killed the
> dinos created a shock wave that went around the planet and focused in the
> middle
> of the Indian Ocean (where the island which is now India was at the time)
> and
> turned the area which is now the Deccan plateau to lava....

That's interesting. I wonder if you could expound upon that just a little?

I ask because I recently read a book (Science Fiction...but supposedly based
on science) which had as part of it's premise that the dinosaurs were NOT
wiped out by an asteroid but rather by multiple and extreme volcanic eruptions
in India.

I'd never heard that before nor what you've just mentioned....but they
apparently might tie together.

EvMick