Re: Extropians and animal rights

From: KPJ (kpj@sics.se)
Date: Sat Jan 09 1999 - 17:58:19 MST

It appears as if <GBurch1@aol.com> wrote:
|As for the former, one first has to have a clear idea of what the term
|"rights" means. I find it hard to conceive of a "right" without an entity
|capable of asserting that right, so I don't find it useful to speak of
|"rights" in connection with animals that can't at least let out some kind
+ of
|squeak of protest. However, with that first squeak comes some minimal
|"rights".

So a human without language skills and voice lacks rights in your model.
Are these humans to be treated as animals, including owned (slavery) and
allowed to be terminated at will, too?