META:Re: Recent Readings of List Members

From: Eugene Leitl (root@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 02:43:57 MST

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, The Baileys wrote:

> journals". Eugene Leitl makes a great attempt at providing a steady supply
> of such material on the transhuman tech list. If your institution has

Thank you. However, I have to reremind everybody on transhumantech@ that
the list has been originally designed to be a (distributedly moderated)
funnel for >H information trawled from diverse sources _by the bulk of its
participants_. So far we have about a 100 subscribers on transhumantech@,
yet are very far from achieving critical mass yet, which is distinctly
disappointing.

If only a tenth of subscribers could sustainably contribute an article
daily, we would have assured the future of the list (in case I get run
over by a bus ;) and achieved the necessary diversity of topics and
opinions.

ciao,
'gene

P.S. send subscribe transhumantech in message body to majordomo@excelsior.org