Re: Immortal Cells

From: Damien Broderick (damien@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 03:09:36 MST

Hi John

At 12:55 PM 12/29/98 -0500, you wrote:

>One team reports cells have
>now divided 200 times and still seem healthy. Another team used slightly
>different methods and they say things still look good after 280 divisions.

Good post - all I've found on the net so far is a ref to 220 doublings. My
damned book on life extension is abt to go to the printers any day now, so
I need to do a real quick patch to take this into account. Can you tell me
the names of the people involved in the two teams, esp. the 280 doubling
effort?

Thanks, Damien