Re: clone your perfect mate - order now! (please allow one generation for delivery)

From: m (mt_2@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 27 1998 - 05:23:24 MST

---Josh Glasstetter <jag36@cornell.edu> wrote:

> someone told me that some hermaphrodites produce both eggs and
sperm. is
> this so?

It's certainly true in many plant and animal species, but they usually
don't function as both male and female at the same time or are
physically incapable of self-fertilisation, so inbreeding is avoided.

As for people, I have heard of a hermaphrodite who
had "perfect" complete male and female genitalia, however s/he was a
child who later had one set removed (don't know which).

(I hope that's non-sexist language :-) )