References to Extropians

From: James Ganong (JGanong@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 23:46:18 MST

We're mentioned in a magazine called Gnosis:
A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions, in a review of a book called
Techgnosis by one Erik
Davis. I quote:

"...Extropians, a group o cyberanarchists dedicated to the proposition
that entropy is not destiny, & that not even biology has the right to
set the rules for us humans. They foresee a time when our thought
processes will be transferred to computer memory banks to achieve true
personal immortality."
                          Gnosis #50,winter 1999,p 70

It's unclear if extropians arementioned in the book or if the reviewer
was simply referring to us on her own.