Re: Coase's Theorem and Intellectual Property

From: Emmanuel Charpentier (manu@cybercable.fr)
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 15:31:44 MST

Dick.Gray@bull.com wrote:

> Robin Hanson writes:
> >I embrace simple consequential analysis as a basis for policy
> >discussions.
>
> So did Machiavelli.

 What is wrong with machiavel??? He was an intellectual democrat who
wanted so much to help his cocitizens and do something important that he
ended playing on the side of princes in the never ending game of
politics. The book that probably made his name so infamous was merely a
booklet full of counsels for princes.

  I also think that hanson's post about consequential analysis is most
interesting, and a fresh blow of air after all the talk about freedom
and all the proverbs about it (nice memetic warfare those proverbs,
no?).

   Life is grey, the colors are only in our brains! And if I do use
axioms, it's merely as a matter of practicality, and to try to get out
of my too large open mindedness...

    Manu.