Evil Corporations.

From: EvMick@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 10:38:22 MST

In Reference to an earlier thread.

 o According to "Patterns of Corporate Philanthropy,"
       published annually by the Capital Research Center,
       companies donate three times as much to liberal, pro-
       government organizations as to conservative, pro-market
       public affairs groups.

and oddly.

o ............., Boeing is eliminating 48,000 jobs this year
       and chalked up a $178 million loss last year -- yet it
       gave away $51.3 million in 1997.

One conclusion I draw from this is that liberals are really good at begging.
And possibly....

"Some analysts wise to the ways of corporate philanthropy contend
that what's good for a corporate chief who seeks plaudits for
social responsibility isn't necessarily good for his
shareholders."

Sources: Marriane Jennings (Arizona State University) and Craig
Cantoni (Capstone Consulting Group), "An Uncharitable Look at
Corporate Philanthropy," Wall Street Journal, December 22. 1998.

Oddly enough I would think that the corporate officers should have the best
interests of the corporation in mind. to spend corporate monies in such a way
as to impede the business is contraproductive? Perhaps even suicidal?

o PNC Bank gave $97,000 to ACORN -- an activist group that
       lobbies for higher taxes and stricter enforcement of
       banking regulations.

Crazy...

EvMick