Re: Nostradamus (was Re: Extropian Statement??)

From: Ken Meyering (ken@define.com)
Date: Mon Dec 21 1998 - 09:12:46 MST

Hal Finney <hal@rain.org>:

> Before after Mars to reign by good luck

You wouldn't be talking about my mother, Marsha Dawn, would you?

And reign of terror? That must be the media lab's button pushing!

Hmmm. 1999 final solution. Sounds almost Nazi, doesn't it.

You wouldn't be promoting the "kill file" approach to herd
management, would you?

Personally, if Hitler had more antidepressants, he probably would
have skipped the cattle cars, ovens and gas chambers, and yes, even
the THEL laze the NAC tactics. If his seratonin levels were higher,
and he didn't have to worry about VD, he'd probably have resorted to
simple bribery and printing of Mickey Money, IMO.

Now, to North Korea and Baghdad....

Does Hal Finney remember the movie "LOOKER", with Albert Finney?

   http://us.imdb.com/Title?Looker+(1981)

In this movie, supermodels were scanned into supercomputers and
animated in VR to provide hypnotic and seductive super sales pitches
for advertisers wares.

Another interesting gadget presented in the flick was a "stunner"
that could stop people's consciousness temporarily, while handymen
went about their business rearranging things in the environment.

I'm not sure what the black box folks call these things. I've nicked
named them "stunned-like-a-deer-in-a-daze-in-headlights", which
shortens to "stunned-like-a-deer", or simply, "deer-in-a-daze".

I'm thinking this: entertain them all into being happily educated and
rational compatible cooperative stewards and tourists. Maybe, some
water supply birth control, coupled with deer-in-a-daze artificial
insemination, or something like that. I'm sure that's how
reproduction on earth is currently being managed by the Looker Lab
eugenecists.

Who needs another genocide or Holocaust?

I'd much prefer a hempfest orgy of hedonists!

ken@define.com