Re: Extropian Statement??

From: Max M (maxm@maxmcorp.dk)
Date: Mon Dec 21 1998 - 04:44:35 MST

From: Terry Donaghe <tdonaghe@yahoo.com>

>"I do not advocate the initiation of force to promote social or
>political goals."

>Comment?

It sounds about as practical as comunism!

What about preemptive strikes? I would hate to wait until I got hit by a
mugger to react. Or how about hostile countries running the arms race with
ill intent? Do we wait until the bombs are dropping?

I can think of so many exceptions to this rule that it is hard to take
seriously.

It is a good ideal though, and one that I think many of us live by whenever
we can.

# Max M Rasmussen, New Media Director http://www.normik.dk Denmark
# Private mailto:maxm@maxmcorp.dk http://www.maxmcorp.dk
                                  TheWorld =~ s/Microsoft Corporation//g;