Re: Colorado...

From: EvMick@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 15 1998 - 00:13:09 MST

In a message dated 12/15/98 12:16:08 AM Central Standard Time, spike66@ibm.net
writes:

> EvMick@aol.com wrote:
>
> > (Personally I prefer the Pournelle Political Axis)
>
> what is jerry pournelle's political axis? spike

Hmmmmmm...well I'm not just really good at explaining things...but I'll give
it a shot.

The way I explain it to my trucker friends is rather childish...so please
don't take offense.(not that truckers are childish...mostly...but humor helps
pass the time)

Imagine a line...

At one end of this line is "government is peachy keen"
At the other end is "government is yucky-poo"

Imagine another line...at right angles to the first...(cartesian co ordinates
system.)

At one end of this line is "rational" (scientific method)
At the other end of this line is "mystical" (some things man is not ment to
know)

Four quadrants are thus delinated...I fit in the "yucky-poo/rational" one.

Beats the pants off the simplistic and innaccurate liberal/conservative
labels.

EvMick
Edinberg Tx.