Re: POL: Opposite of progress

From: EvMick@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 12 1998 - 19:13:18 MST

In a message dated 12/11/98 4:41:37 PM Central Standard Time, goetz@zoesis.com
writes:

> When Clinton was running for re-election, I joked that
> we should all vote for Clinton in order to keep Congress busy
> and out of trouble. I didn't really mean it at the time.

Interesting that you should mention that.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's not a bad idea to have severe antagonism
between the executive and the legislative branches. PRECISELY to insure that
nothing gets done.

I for one don't want the government to "do" anything. I'd as soon they just
get out of the way and leave competent individuals and organizations alone.

EvMick