Re: Colorado...

From: Brent Allsop (allsop@swttools.fc.hp.com)
Date: Mon Dec 07 1998 - 11:31:26 MST

Hi Terry,

        I'm currently living in Colorado (Fort Collins)! There's not
to many extropians out here. And, in my opinion, the general
population seems to be much more right wing fundamentalists than
places like the North East or California and so on. For example, the
Christian organization "Focus on the Family" is bassed here and so on.
Although some places like Bolder have a higher percentage of more
liberal people because of CU...

        If you're only looking for Skiing, I'd say Utah would be
better. From any large city in Colorado, you've got to drive 2+ hours
before you can get to good skiing. Unless you actually live in Veil
or something, very expensive for that, unlike the rest of Colorado.
With 20 minutes driving you can get to many great ski resorts from
SLC.

        I guess it depends on what you're looking for. You sure can't
beet the mountains for hiking, biking, camping, fishing, hunting, and
stuff like that. And yes, good computer programming jobs are easy to
find here, at least along the front range.

                Brent Allsop