Re: [MEDIA] The death penalty

From: mark@unicorn.com
Date: Wed Dec 02 1998 - 11:24:15 MST

Philip Proper [pproper@dreamscape.com] wrote:
>This is enough to prove to me that it's time to look for a more evolved
>group; Are there are any extropian Buddhist group? Philip

I think there are several Buddhists or Buddhist-sympathisers on the list;
I've pointed out in the past that Buddhism seems to be a good basis for
a workable transhumanist philosophy. The main problem is that in my
experience most Buddhists are more interested in Buddhism than enlightenment (just as most Christians are more interested in Christianity than God).

    Mark