Re: Gender and Cognitive Style

From: Kathryn Aegis (aegis@igc.apc.org)
Date: Sun Nov 22 1998 - 10:00:41 MST

It occurs to me that my opinion of this thread is exactly the same as my
opinion of the Kiersey sorter thread--gross generalizations being made on
very little data, with no real practical end result.

I just came back from a visit to New York with Harry Hawk and Perry Metzger,
and thinking over our conversation, it wouldn't have been much different if
I had a male gender. I am just as rational, just as IQ'd, just as capable
of comprehending math, science, and philosophy as they are, and they were
smart enough to realize that. My advice--stop wasting your time feeding
into the social myth of gender intelligence differences and start
interacting with more intellectual women. In the long run, you will gain
more benefits. You might even learn something.

:)

Take care,

Kathryn Aegis