Re: MEDIA: "Immortality on "48 Hours"

From: Brian Manning Delaney (b-delaney@uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 13:46:37 MST

> I agree the whole thing came out positive
> despite a few attempts to play cute.

The Calorie restriction segment was amazingly devoid of useful
information. And, from what I hear, they left out some
qualifications on what Weindruch said about whether people should
try CR, like, "there's good reason to believe it will work in
humans, but we can't know for certain yet..." leaving the viewer
instead with the impression that he thinks there's essentially
LITTLE reason to believe it will work in humans, which is definitely
not his view.

They also didn't mention that there are hundreds of other people on
the diet, many of whom are pulling together a study to be submitted
to a gerontology journal. I spent hours talking about this.... Very
annoying.

Producers have a vision. The produce it. That's it.

Brian.