ECONOMICS: Drug-based Incentive Systems

From: Ken Meyering (ken@define.com)
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 23:49:50 MST

MEMS key signature signed wireless packets make for a great broadband
infrastructure, but eventually, for security purposes, it may be
necessary to have lots and lots and lots of fiber to support the
computing infrastructure necessary to simulate real systems with
atomic precision.

For that reason, we may still have a need for labor.

If the Earth is Federalized and each citizen is awarded a paperless
allowance of the U.S. equivalent of $58,000/year, what incentive is
there for laborers to burn calories?

Particularly if they are enjoying home hi-fi in a hemp-induced
complacent state?

Cocaine or Crystal Meth could be used as incentives for the worker
labor caste, I'd imagine. What sorts of problems would this cause or
solve?