Re: Calorie Restriction (Thank you CR Society)

From: Patrick Wilken (patrickw@cs.monash.edu.au)
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 17:01:51 MST

>---
>After being on CR with inadequate nutrition for about 6 years during
>high-school, I look 3 years younger than I am, but had headaches,
>depression, and was not sexually active, so there were trade-offs.
>NOW, I am on cyclical calorie-restriction with DARN NEAR OPTIMAL
>nutrition and I feel ABSOLUTELY FREAKING FANTASTIC!

What is cyclical CR? Is this fasting on alternative days? I've heard that
if you don't want to cut down calories on all days a few days fast is
nearly as good. Even increased eating on non-fast days still keeps your
overall calorie intake below normal. But are there health issues with
fasting?

best, patrick

Patrick Wilken http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~patrickw/
Editor: PSYCHE: An International Journal of Research on Consciousness
Secretary: The Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness
http://psyche.cs.monash.edu.au/ http://www.phil.vt.edu/ASSC/