POLITICS: Replacing Bad Leaders with Clones

From: Ken Meyering (ken@define.com)
Date: Tue Nov 03 1998 - 07:17:12 MST

The other night I saw a movie called "Bleeders", in which genetic
replicants (sans experience) were called "BLANKS".

This led me to wonder if perhaps there are people who's lives have
been orchestrated so that when they are eventually in public office,
they can be backed up, just in case their hosts are assassinated.

For example, if John F. Kennedy had been cloned, and he had a running
backup on Molecular Tape, it wouldn't be such a loss if he was
killed. In the event of assasination, the puppeteers need only refit
one of his "Blanks" with a neural interface to his backup,
conveniently stored at a remote location (e.g., The Dark Side of the
Moon).

This would make assassination obsolete, since the replicant would be
able to pick up where the original left off.