[p2p-research] P2P Listmaster Announcement: NEW LIST

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Wed Jan 5 07:23:34 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 11:21:37 AM +0700, Michel Bauwens (michelsub2004 at gmail.com) wrote:
> Dear Kevin,
>
> can you propose us a cut-off date?
>
> I would say that now that we passed the original deadline, we can
> aim for January 15, and start the new list on the 16th, or earlier,
> but cut off the old list on the 15th, so the archive has a clear
> date limit?

the longer we wait, the greater the mess: MORE threads starting in one
place and going to another, double messages, replies from confused
people who missed the link to the new list but aren't seen by other
subscribers...

I suggest that the moderators do as soon as possible what follow:

1) send another message, just in case, to
   p2presearch at listcultures.org, reminding that this list will be
   shutdown NOW, if you want to remain subscribed go to the new page
   etc etc...

2) one second after that, do a subscriber "mass removal" as mentioned
   here
   http://www.niu.edu/its/email/listservs/administrator_options/membership_options.shtml

so people who don't care will just stop getting messages. Those who
care but have missed 1) will get a bounce message the first time they
try to post to the old address and realize somehow that they need to
subscribe to the new if they want to keep going.

Marco F.