[p2p-research] [Commoning] abundance in agriculture

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 16:25:03 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there is indeed a big difference between the climates and what it
> allows,
>
> here in northern Thailand, which may be very similar to the Philippines,
> things tend to grow profusely, and the two permaculture places I visited
> seemed to be places of great enthusiasm, but I must note, these farms are by
> no way self-sufficient, because they rely on training to outside people, and
> the farming life is still hard, because of working and living in great heat

I wonder also if in some cases permaculture efforts are frustrated
simply due to lack of knowledge about how to produce food out of, and
maintain the installation?

Also, if self-sufficiency in the Thai permaculture farms centers
around becoming financially profitable, it could be that they simply
need a different model (not a for-profit business model).

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com