[p2p-research] collective intelligence through gaming

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 16:13:17 CEST 2010

Thanks Michel.

in addition to the paper " A Case Study in Collective Intelligence Gaming "
you point at,

Did you / "we" also see another article by Jane McGonigal

http://www.avantgame.com/writings.htm

http://www.iftf.org/node/2306

"The Engagement Economy." Technology Horizons for The Institute for the
Future. 2009.

In the economy of engagement, it is less and less important to compete for
attention, and more and more important to compete for things like brain
cycles and interactive bandwidth. Crowd-dependent projects must capture the
mental energy and the active effort it takes to make individual
contributions to a larger whole.

But how, exactly, do you turn attention into engagement? How do you convert
a member of the crowd into a member of your team? To answer these questions,
innovative organizations will have to grapple with the new challenge of
harnessing "participation bandwidth." To do so, they may start to take their
cues not from the world of business, but rather from the world of play. Game
designers, virtual world builders, social media developers, and other
"funware" creators have the potential to offer essential design strategies
and economic theories for otherwise "serious" initiatives. Read this
article. <http://www.iftf.org/node/2306>

direct pdf link :

http://www.iftf.org/system/files/deliverables/Engagement_Economy_sm_0.pdf