[p2p-research] Fwd: [P2P-URBANISM WA] series of interviews

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 07:35:46 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nikos Salingaros <salingar at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 6:25 AM
Subject: [P2P-URBANISM WA] series of interviews
To: p2p-urbanism-world-atlas at googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

I have been talking with members of this list offline about the
planned interviews. Hopefully, some of them can already begin, to be
carried out by Yulia. Those who wish to be interviewed please tell
Yulia. Other members can obtain the software from Yulia and do their
own interviews of persons they know.

We were thinking of including speakers who would otherwise be left out
entirely because of the language barrier -- I mean urbanists and
socio-urban thinkers in the developing world: Latin America, Asia, the
Arab-Islamic world, etc. There is a solution, which is to do a double
interview: the interviewee sits in front of his/her computer next to a
translator, who immediately translates into English. It's tight, but
doable. The interviewee finds their own translator. This could be a
mess, but it's worth trying, and it's the method adopted for
distinguished speakers in live literary seminars in Italy and other
places. A distinguished person who speaks english OK may wish to do
this double interview to be better understood if he/she is not very
fluent in the language. I particularly want to have the original
language registered in the Video, so that that country's viewers can
appreciate our effort and get the message.

Best wishes,
Nikos

p2p-urbanism-world-atlas+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com<p2p-urbanism-world-atlas%2Bunsubscribe at googlegroups.com>
For more options, visit this group at