[p2p-research] Fwd: Urgent: Media-Mogul Attacks Avaaz!

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 22:39:02 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dante-Gabryell Monson <dante.monson at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 2:17 AM
Subject: Fwd: Urgent: Media-Mogul Attacks Avaaz!
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

 *
Avaaz has come under attack from a major media-mogul.

*https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stand_up_to_crony_media/?vl<https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stand_up_to_crony_media/?cl=748159457&v=7155>

Democracy is on the march across the world, but *anti-democratic interests
have figured out a counter-attack: crony-media*. When a political leader
teams up with a massive media empire, they become hard to beat at the polls,
no matter how bad they are.

also mentions crowd sourced "tea party" groups in the US - excerpt :

" After President Barack Obama spurned Murdoch and boycotted his
propagandistic network, *Fox News* spawned the radical right Tea Party
group, and *provided a platform for hate and racism*, suggesting that Obama
is a terrorist and hates white people. "