[p2p-research] Fwd: [P2P-URBANISM WA] list of questions

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 10:49:29 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nikos Salingaros <salingar at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 5:57 AM
Subject: [P2P-URBANISM WA] list of questions
To: p2p-urbanism-world-atlas at googlegroups.com

Hello everybody.

We need to move forward on this project because important things are
happening in Italy!

Tino Rizzo will be busy with the world map so he will not be
conducting any video interviews, except maybe with one or two people
who are his friends. So we have Emanuele Strano and Yulia Kryazheva to
conduct the online interviews. Questions:

1. Are Emanuele and Yulia ready with appropriate software to conduct
and record online interviews?

2. Is there any other member of this group who has both interest and
technical resources to conduct and record video/Skype interviews? If
you are not sure of the technical aspects, please ask Yulia. Maybe
Yulia can insert a standard opening page to all interviews.

3. After interviews are recorded and cleanly edited, they will be
posted on Vimeo -- Yulia will advise us on what's best to do to create
an accessible online archive. If we need money, that can hopefully
come from Rome or Delft.

Next, we need to finalize a list of questions that will both enrich
our picture of p2p urbanism, and refine our own definition. Here are
three questions I came up with for each interviewee, and each
interviewer can follow up with subject-specific questions for each
case, usually after prior discussion with the interviewee. Each
interview can move on to related topics of expertise and interest
after a common introduction.

STANDARD QUESTIONS FOR P2P INTERVIEWEES:

1. What is your own conception and your ideals for Peer-to-peer urbanism?

2. How do you implement Peer-to-peer urbanism in your own practice?

3. In what way can you imagine on-the-ground applications of
Peer-to-peer urbanism?

-------
CHOICE OF INTERVIEWEES:

Anyone on this mailing list is a candidate to be interviewed, once we
find people who will conduct the interview! Please express your
interest. We will also wish to interview important thinkers in the
field, so we need to ask individuals whom we personally know if they
want to participate as interviewees and not necessarily as members of
this group.

The way I envision working is to send our definition (on which I'm
constantly working -- whoever wishes to begin now can use the latest
version circulating) to the candidate and give him/her a few days to
read it and also the linked references. Also send the above questions
and any others you think are useful, then conduct the interview.

Since this project is itself conducted on a p2p basis, please send me
your suggestions and comments!

Cheers,
Nikos

p2p-urbanism-world-atlas+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com<p2p-urbanism-world-atlas%2Bunsubscribe at googlegroups.com>