[p2p-research] microfinancing and the success of flattr in sweden and germany

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 18:07:41 CEST 2010

has anyone seen interesting articles on flattr uptake ... could be useful
for us as well,

From: Amelia Andersdotter <amelia.andersdotter at piratpartiet.se>
Date: Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Subject: [fcforum] Re: Re: microfinancing WAS: Re: Re: Re: Re: geert lovink
again
To: fcforum at list.fcforum.net

On 11 September 2010 18:48, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://del.icio.us/mbauwens/Crowdfunding
> http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Peerfunding
> both above have some recent material on the topic, but perhaps no overview
> studies..

Lots of homework instead of a little, then :P I also got some from
Lovink, so the next week will be interesting.

> however, I don't think any of these schemes will forego the need for more
> serious public or collective funding ...

How about geographically limited initiatives? In Sweden, Flattr has
reached a certain success rate, though I have still to hear it reach a
similar success rate abroad (word of mouth, probably). Micro-financing
schemes could lead to lots of initiatives connected to geographical
area (easy for consumers with small hassle), although that would make
it more difficult for artists to connect themselves to many schemes at
the same time (laborious and confusing for consumers). It's all
theoretical, I guess?

/a

-----
+ info http://list.fcforum.net/wws/info/fcforum