[p2p-research] neurotheological hacking project

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 15:02:00 CEST 2010

  Remi Sussan     View profile
<http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=IPgB4BUAAAAV2V3ysYWjBwCNLwPMtwhq9h3i3SmjGmAJbX05nZ-8fQ>
Translate to
<http://groups.google.com/group/turingchurch/msg/a9e7341a85634fda#>Translated
(View Original)
<http://groups.google.com/group/turingchurch/msg/a9e7341a85634fda#>
 More options Sep 7, 6:39 pm
 From: *Remi Sussan
<remi.sus...<http://groups.google.com/groups/unlock?_done=/group/turingchurch/msg/a9e7341a85634fda&msg=a9e7341a85634fda>
@gmail.com>*
Date: *Tue, 7 Sep 2010 13:39:47 +0200*
Reply<http://groups.google.com/group/turingchurch/post?inreplyto=a9e7341a85634fda&reply_to=group&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fturingchurch%2Fmsg%2Fa9e7341a85634fda%3F&>|
to author<http://groups.google.com/group/turingchurch/post?inreplyto=a9e7341a85634fda&reply_to=author&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fturingchurch%2Fmsg%2Fa9e7341a85634fda%3F&>|
Forward<http://groups.google.com/group/turingchurch/post?inreplyto=a9e7341a85634fda&forward=1&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fturingchurch%2Fmsg%2Fa9e7341a85634fda%3F&>|
Print<http://groups.google.com/group/turingchurch/msg/a9e7341a85634fda?dmode=print>|
View
thread<http://groups.google.com/group/turingchurch/browse_thread/thread/383c3da6c4a1ef7e/a9e7341a85634fda#a9e7341a85634fda>|
Show
original<http://groups.google.com/group/turingchurch/msg/a9e7341a85634fda?dmode=source>|
Report
this message<http://groups.google.com/groups/abuse?group=turingchurch&type=message&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fgroup%2Fturingchurch%2Fmsg%2Fa9e7341a85634fda&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fturingchurch%2Fmsg%2Fa9e7341a85634fda%3F&>|
Find
messages by this
author<http://groups.google.com/groups/search?enc_author=IPgB4BUAAAAV2V3ysYWjBwCNLwPMtwhq9h3i3SmjGmAJbX05nZ-8fQ&scoring=d>

hi,

I have just created a google group about hierohacking: the goal of this
group will be to discuss applied neurotheology, see how we can "hack the
sacred", use intelligently and rationally religious thinking and practices
for personal purposes; discussion will be of course about various ASC
(altered states of consciousness), technologies, BCI, etc. But also about
the creation of symbolic architectures and mythologies. I am indeed
convinced that "the sacred" finds itself at the convergence of at least
three psychological characteristics: ASCs being perhaps the least important
or the more discreet (discovering their role may be an interesting task for
the list) , the second being imagination, and the third being specific
manipulation of some kind of linguistic abilities, such as use of semantics
networks of associations, maybe even some specific kind of epistemology or
logic. Of course I don't ask anybody to approve this, I just say that to
show the perimeter of the possible discussions and explain that it will not
be just a list about ASCs (there are already a lot of forums about it).
Myself, I intend here to explore my concept of "religion as-game",
game-as-religion", but it will be my own pet theory as an individual, not
the main angle of the list (but of course, I would love to have some
feedback!.)
Here a few things that I would like to see emerge from discussions:
-good analysis of self experiments with various practices.
-theoretical models of mythology creation; analysis of traditional religion
but from a practical point of view. works on epistemology of religion;
-various works on BCI or physiological sensors for testing experiences, or
obtain results: works with Neurosky or EPOC helmets, openEEG, etc. computer
code is highly welcomed;
-new and original forms of ritual or meditative practices, implying for
instance virtual worlds, etc (yes, games, yes..)
This list is not about creating future religions, transhumanist or other, or

to discuss the future of spirituality; although it may help those who are
pursuing these goals. It's really about creating a team of "technicians of
the sacred", to use Mircea Eliade's expression.

People interested, here is the address:
http://groups.google.fr/group/hierohacking<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://groups.google.fr/group/hierohacking&usg=AFQjCNH-6GOzjO20BjpS2cuQkK4Euk-oeA>

list<https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&view=js&name=main,tlist&ver=tMWDK4VVLkE.en.&am=!HnqNg-A4riyxhZ4C2vB2wIVDUlvdNTr6kCFdZEgJg_tiq2CHG7E&fri=f75faa004037a04cf2d1a996e6e7b38a#12aec69e83dc8f68_group_thread_0>[1
Update]

 Topic: hierohacking mailing
list<http://groups.google.com/group/turingchurch/t/383c3da6c4a1ef7e>

   Remi Sussan <remi.sussan at gmail.com> Sep 07 01:39PM +0200
^<https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&view=js&name=main,tlist&ver=tMWDK4VVLkE.en.&am=!HnqNg-A4riyxhZ4C2vB2wIVDUlvdNTr6kCFdZEgJg_tiq2CHG7E&fri=f75faa004037a04cf2d1a996e6e7b38a#12aec69e83dc8f68_digest_top>

more...<http://groups.google.com/group/turingchurch/msg/a9e7341a85634fda>