[p2p-research] Fwd: [P2P-URBANISM WA] Urban morphology by high school students

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 07:29:36 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Myriam Mahiques <mbmahiques at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 5:20 AM
Subject: [P2P-URBANISM WA] Urban morphology by high school students
To: p2p-urbanism-world-atlas at googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues and friends,
I know this is not exactly the spirit of P2P, but it´s pretty close.
I have been advising a Mathematics professor on the urban analisis of a
deteriorated neighborhood in the province of Buenos Aires, Argentina. She is
the leader of a group that participated in an exhibition at the University
of Palermo. The group is conformed by high school students who live in this
poor neighborhood.
They developed two subjects: sustainability and the fractal urban morphology
of Soldati Buildings (Conjunto Habitacional Soldati) that was built during
the Proceso Militar.
This young students have great expectations. Many of the inhabitants in
Soldati are delinquents and this group is like a jewel. If we encourage
them, they´ll have a bright future.
So, I posted the event in my blog and would be very happy to have lots of
encouraging comments.
As they don´t have Internet access, the professor, will print and read them
the post and comments. There is a translator on the upper right side of the
blog.
Any language is Ok.
Thank you,
Here is the link
http://myriammahiques.blogspot.com/2010/10/ix-feria-de-ciencias-de-la-universidad.html

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Nikos Salingaros <salingar at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm happy to see that our first video interview is now online.
>
> http://vimeo.com/15704797
>
> Best wishes,
> Nikos

For more options, visit this group at