[p2p-research] towards hybrid p2p brother monks and sisters nons ?

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 10:25:30 CEST 2010

*Could the existing monasteries and friar / mendicant orders ,*
religious and non religious ,
*be an interesting ground for collaboration in a network of p2p commons
oriented phyles ?*
*
*
Any Open Source Ecology projects in Monasteries / Ashram's ?

Have questions and parallels regarding commons and "peer property" been made
with monasteries ? Under what legal framework of property ownership do
various monasteries belong ?  Monasteries as Phyles ?

Thanks :)

--------------

some more links :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendicant_orders
*
*
*The **mendicant orders** are **religious
orders*<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_order>
* which depend directly on the
**charity*<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charity_(practice)>
* of the people for their livelihood. In principle, they do not own **
property* <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Property>*, either individually or
collectively (see **corporate
poverty*<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_poverty>
*), believing that this was the most pure way of life to copy followed
by **Jesus
Christ* <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Christ>*, in order that all
their time and energy could be expended on religious work.*
*
*
*http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Source_Ecology*
*
*
*excerpt : *
*" We engage in what we call neo-subsistence, or technologically advanced
subsistence that blends ancient wisdom and new technology to provide a high
quality of life. The lifestyle includes meaningful work, service to the
greater global community, and leisure to pursue one's true interests. "*
*
*
*http://p2pfoundation.net/Phyles*
*
*
*"they are not companies linked to a community, but transnational
communities that have acquired enterprises in order to gain continuity in
time and robustness"*
*
*
*---*

ps: sorry for the english spelling mistake in the title - I meant "Nun's"