[p2p-research] p2p foundation status update

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 08:13:24 CEST 2010

for info, "where I'm at"

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: P2P project incubation -- Re: Open Infrastructure
To: jenny at ifossfoundation.org
Cc: Neil McEvoy <neil.mcevoy at ifossfoundation.org>, Joy Tang <
joy at onevillagefoundation.org>

Dear Jenny,

thanks for the update, here is some news on my side as well,

- I (we) continue to update and develop the p2p-f knowledge commons, and
also continue to travel/lecture/meshwork around the topic, this fall is
particularly intensive in terms of travelling, quite exhausing, but I'm now
'in recovery' <g> at home, leaving again the 19th

- I'm developing the first p2p production course with the free technology
academy, a course I would also like to teach in various places, such as
perhaps joy's DDU

- I'm finishing up a building in front of my house, that will be a
combination coworking, progressive office rental, and video/conferencing
room for cultural events are the p2p/commons, we'll start with an internet
cinema barcamp in december

- big event is the berlin commons conference, a sign of the political
maturation of the p2p/commons social movements, which I'm co-organizing

- the big change for me is that after five years of developing the knowledge
commons, I feel it is now mature enough for the next step, which is the
building a 'phyle', i.e. a sustainable business network around the p2p
foundation, hopefully in alliance with lasindias.net, a similar
spanish-language network based on a sophisticated p2p ideology and
understanding, that aims to make it the primary knowledge provider around
p2p/commons oriented social change, the latter is my next five-year plan
2011-2015