[p2p-research] Finding out more about the discovery network concept of Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 00:40:59 CEST 2010

(will also be featured on blog soon,
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/replacing-corporations-and-cooperatives-by-discovery-networks/2010/10/06
)

Tiberius:

We designed the Discovery Network concept, which is a for-profit
collaborative network built around the "Value Exchange Mechanism" and our
"System of Values and Normative System". Relations are cemented with the
"Collaboration and Transfer of Property Agreement". You find these documents
in order here

https://docs1.google.com/document/edit?id=1Ux3LG6g9zObMYKJO_A_c1NL7pNLP6exEOF1na5Atc88&hl=en#

https://docs2.google.com/document/edit?id=1C1TOAyksedBdZwCucixyVabayMyHEJowIPPVpqLx18M&hl=en#

https://docs0.google.com/document/edit?id=1w4dzjBGKr8G5yIRZAhmP82orOyFar-F8wgZoeYteiBQ&hl=en#

We are still polishing these tools, as you will see.

Our approach is to do the conceptual work and the implementation
simultaneously, in order to refine the theory and the practice in a feedback
loop as we move forward. The Matchmaking Device System is our pilot project.
It is based on my invention, the Matchmaking Device System, which acts as
the seed value for this venture. The seed value must act as the first
incentive to attract enough members to form a critical mass starting group.
The starting group will hopefully add enough value on the initial seed to
accelerate the process, attract more collaborators and continue to build
value around the project, as it progressively moves up through all its
phases from idea, to prototyping, to product design, to manufacturing and
marketing.

In parallel with our conceptualization efforts and with building the
blueprint of the organization, we are also struggling with its
psycho-sociological aspects. The idea is to create a stimulating, creative,
dynamic and productive environment. Not an easy task for a decentralized
network, in a society where the great majority of us grow dependent and are
not encouraged to take initiative (we are trained, educated to be obedient
workers). The key must be in the culture we build for our Discovery Network,
in the rituals we decide to implement, but also on education.