[p2p-research] Fwd: Invitation to the Common Course, Oct17-Nov13, registration now open

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 10:28:59 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mary Beth Steisslinger <marybeth.steisslinger at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 1:17 AM
Subject: Invitation to the Common Course, Oct17-Nov13, registration now open
To: Mary Beth Steisslinger <marybethsteisslinger at gmail.com>

* **COMMON COURSE ON-LINE** *
*
**This is your invitation to participate in the Common Course, Oct 17 - Nov
13.*
Commons Action for the United
Nations<https://commoncourse.wikispaces.com/Global+Commons+Action+for+the+United+Nations>,
Anthroposphere Institute <http://a-institute.org/>, Global Commons
Trust<http://globalcommonstrust.org/>and
ECO-Singapore <http://www.eco-singapore.org/> would like to invite you to
participate in this free, on-line *Common Course,* *and* ask for your help
in outreach to others who may find this course transformative for their work
as individuals, NGO's, government representatives or business leaders.

*A commons approach provides tools to rebalance the relationships between
people, governments and the market sector*, ** transitioning towards
sustainability and justice for all our communities, our resource use and
earth's systems.

*Common Course Description*
On-line, free and flexible enough for any schedule -- The* Common
Course*lasts for four weeks. Readings and videos are posted* at the
start of each
week.  On-line discussion and resource sharing areas are created thru the
expressed interest/work focus of participants.

See: Common Course
Curriculum<https://commoncourse.wikispaces.com/Common+Course+Curriculum>

*This particular course emphasizes commons processes and solutions for
climate change and sustainable energy development. *
Those preparing for COY6, COP16, KlimaForum and other climate and energy
related efforts are especially encouraged to participate (... commit to take
the Common Course as part of the 10-10-10 challenge to build awareness for
coordinated climate action by people around the world!)

*A conference call *is scheduled at the end of each week on a Saturday for
one hour, as part of the Common Course, with commons and climate experts
available for questions and discussions.

** For those in areas with signal- or internet connection challenges, course
materials can be emailed to you directly, and your questions and feedback
will be added to the forums online. Course facilitators are committed to
making the Common Course accessible to all.  We ask for your help in making
this happen.*
**
*To register for the Common course  click
here<https://commoncourse.wikispaces.com/Register+for+the+Commons+Course+Online>

**For more information on the Common Course click
here<https://commoncourse.wikispaces.com/>

*
*
*
*Thanks from the Common Course Facilitators,
<https://commoncourse.wikispaces.com/>
*
*Leo, Robin, LJ, Mary Beth, Jay

*