[p2p-research] 135K project The Tunnel

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 06:00:32 CEST 2010

Perhaps someone has already alerted folks to this? if not, see:

http://www.thetunnelmovie.net/135k.php

"The Internet was meant to be a tool to connect us. It was meant to
break down borders and liberate. Now we have an entire generation who
are being labelled criminals for using that tool. But perhaps rather
than wasting millions of dollars fighting a losing battle against
internet piracy, we should try and find a way to embrace the
possibilities that this new world brings…

That’s the thought that inspired this project. We believe that if we
stop fighting  the peer to peer networks, they could become the
biggest revolution we have ever seen in the way we share entertainment
and information.

After spending years being frustrated by what we saw as the movie
industry’s  short-sighted and conventional outlook towards the online
community, we decided it was time to try something different – The
135K Project was born.

We figured that movie posters and collectable frames from movies are
being sold every day, so what if we could raise the money to make “The
Tunnel” by selling every individual frame of it? We would be able to
make a movie unencumbered by a studio’s need for box office. We could
do what we got into the industry to do in the first place. Tell
stories we like and get them out there so people could enjoy them.

What’s the key to doing that? You.

If you like the look of “The Tunnel” or the idea behind The 135K
Project - buy a frame or two, blog about it, follow us on twitter,
seed and embed the finished film when it’s released. Whatever you can
do. It will all help and show the world there might just be another
way. Who knows where that might lead?"

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com