[p2p-research] Article - Tim Berners Lee - "Long Live the Web: A Call for Continued Open Standards and Neutrality"

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 01:06:09 CET 2010

Hi Patrick, Hi Sam,
yes, I guess Sepp is reporting on local mesh networks on the p2p ning

http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/reporting-on-mobile-broadband

<http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/reporting-on-mobile-broadband>and
another thread he started in 2008 on

http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/could-peernet-be-separate-from?xg_source=activity

<http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/could-peernet-be-separate-from?xg_source=activity>where
I also mentionned initiatives such as freifunk or reseaucitoyen, which exist
for more then 10 years.

It seems some cities have more dense networks. San Francisco ? ( meraki ? )
Perhaps also "Leipzig", in Germany ( freifunk )
where I hope to connect myself to.

By the way, I am inviting friends to invest in "use value infrastructure" in
Leipzig , starting with housing, then possibly expanding to local small
scale cooperative production :

http://sharewiki.org/en/Leipzig_project