[p2p-research] on the myth of attention scarcity

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 03:28:40 CET 2010

Hi Brian,

this is actually a good direction I feel, as really, I'm not an optimist,
but rather, I feel hope is very important and crucial to constructive
action, and my own hope was indeed born out of an experience of great
despair,

we're all gonna die anyway, and this can lead either to the greatest
despair, all is naught, or to live life more to the fullest, in connection
with others but especially those coming after us, in a great chain of being,
life, and consciousness

you can always dwell on the direst possible outcome as something inevitable
and beyond human agency, or you can see this as an opportunity for change
for recreating the social world

there is a popular saying in my language, Flemish, which says:

"dear God, grant me the wisdom to see what can be changed, to recognize what
can't, and to see the difference between both"

the world is a tragic place, with most of our good intentions turning to
errors and fiasco's, if not to their opposite,

but there is one thing worse, to trying to make the world a better place,
and that is to do nothing,

change agents may fail again and again, but if they wouldn't be there, it
would be so much worse,

even if we only achieve a homeopathic dosis of change, it does make a
difference,

Michel