[p2p-research] investment, productivity and ownership

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 14:51:02 CET 2010

Hi Brian, thanks for this, our blog is at http://blog.p2pfoundation.net

The way I see it, you see the overshoot, and the necessary contraction as
primary, and you want to warn humanity about the necesary adaptation to an
age of scarcity,

On my side, I believe that an overdue stress on the negative, is politically
counterproductive and drives people to political forces who still give them
hope,

therefore, a narrative which acknowledges sufficiency and contraction, but
stresses the abundance and happiness that comes both from physical social
cooperation (relocalizing production), within a framework of global digital
cooperation (immaterial abundance), is more politically fruitful. (in
addition, I'm convinced that we need that collective intelligence to adapt
to coming emergencies in the first place)

I could be wrong, but I think this is the most important point and the key
difference,

Michel