[p2p-research] Fwd: Actually Existing Internet Communism

Roberto Verzola rverzola at gn.apc.org
Wed Nov 17 23:55:36 CET 2010

I agree with you, Kevin, about non-State, non-commercial economic
activities. Commons are one example. Toeffler a long time ago called it
"prosumption" (production for consumption), I believe. I have also come
across a apt term, "self-provisioning". Perhaps this classification
suggests itself: State-provisioning, market-provisioning, mutual
(P2P?)-provisioning, self-provisioning, etc. It also fits nicely into
the definition of economics as the study of society's provisioning
process. Of course, as you said, many do the activity not for its
provisioning result (which may just be a side-effect) but for the sheer
joy of doing it.

Greetings to all from Manila,

Roberto Verzola