[p2p-research] Rivers as Commons

Denis Postle d.postle at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 10 08:32:14 CET 2010

On 09/11/2010 20:47, Samuel Rose wrote:
> What country are you in, Denis?
UK. I live on the Thames in London and just this week a consultation
opened on the role of the Port of London Authority that as I now
appreciate a century ago was made statutory manager of an enclosure of
the tidal Thames.

Since then most of their industrial business has faded and they have
drifted into being exploitatious monopoly landlords.  Resistance to this
posture has now grown to the point where they appear to be willing to
listen to it and I thought I would introduce the notion of commons into
the consultation.

Any pointers to previous experience of related negotiations would be
helpful. I have searched widely for material but haven't as yet come up
with any texts or contacts.

TIA

Denis
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Denis Postle<d.postle at btinternet.com>  wrote:
>> Does anyone have experience of negotiating commons status for rivers?
>>
>> Denis
>>
>> The Mind Gymnasium FREE ebook Library
>> A unique digital resource for Personal and Professional development

The Mind Gymnasium FREE ebook Library <http://www.mind-gymnasium.com/>
A unique digital resource for Personal and Professional development