[p2p-research] Fwd: CommonSource Monthly Update - October 2010

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 18:34:33 CET 2010

hi kevin,

could you have a look at the doctorow fiction mentioned below?

From: Neal Gorenflo <neal at shareable.net>
Date: Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Subject: CommonSource Monthly Update - October 2010

Dear Advisors,

Last month we released The New Sharing
Economy<http://shareable.net/blog/the-new-sharing-economy>study
produced in partnership Latitude Research. An estimated 10,000 people
have read the report so far.  It has been mentioned by the New York Times,
GOOD magazine, ReadWriteWeb, Huffington Post, Creative Commons, P2P
Foundation, and many more sites.  The research has been presented at SAP
Labs in Palo Alto, The Social Media Club Boston, Open Design City in Berlin,
and introduced at the International Commons Conference in Berlin.  It has
created a positive focal point for Shareable.  As a result, invitations to
present continue to come in giving us the chance to reach new audiences.

In addition, two Shareable articles from Jeremy Smith's tenure received
recognition.  Cory Doctorow's Shareable Futures submission, "The Jammie
Dodgers of the Leicester Square
Screening<http://shareable.net/blog/the-jammie-dodgers-and-the-adventure-of-the-leicester-square-screening>,"
was selected by Jonathan Strahan for his anthology Year's Best Science
Fiction.  This is a huge honor in the SciFi world.  Our investigative series
on the Treasure Island
development<http://shareable.net/blog/can-a-city-build-a-better-version-of-itself>undertaken
with partner SF Public Press won an award from the Society of
Professional Journalists.

Last week, I attended the International Commons Conference as a sponsored
guest of the Heinrich Boll Foundation.  The conference was organized
by the Commons
Strategy Group <http://www.commonsstrategies.org/content/who-we-are>, of
which your fellow advisor Michel Bauwens is a principal (thank you and
congratulations Michel!).  The ICC brought together those involved in both
physical and digital commons for the very first time. This alignment
reflects an important dimension of our coverage strategy thus helped connect
us to many new opportunities.  I'm particularly excited by how this
community can help us improve our ecosystem channel and connect us to
commons curriculum.

TRAFFIC (with change over last month)
Unique visitors: 20,498, down ~30%  (as expected, this is about the same
level of traffic as last month minus the huge spike we experienced).
Pageviews:  105,134, down ~30%
Pageviews per Visit: 3.37, up ~5%
Average time on site: 2:51, no significant change
Facebook members: 5,628, up ~5%
Twitter members: 2,839, up ~5%
Alexa rank: 117,416, we moved up about 20K places

TOP STORIES
Program or be Programmed
Is Social Media Catalyzing an Offline Sharing Economy?
Are Algae the DIY Answer to Food & Fuel?
Social Media Isn't Changing the World, It's Creating a New One
Study Reveals Big Opportunities in the Sharing Economy

Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas.  Thank you for our
work together.

All my best,

Neal

--