[p2p-research] The Cybernetic Hypothesis

Joss Winn joss at josswinn.org
Thu May 27 17:42:40 CEST 2010

For background on Tiqqun, I recommend:

http://tiqqunerie.jottit.com/

Agamben and their publisher, Hazan, speak about Tiqqun here:

http://notesforthecomingcommunity.blogspot.com/2009/04/agamben-apropos-of-tiqqun.html
(video)

transcript here:

http://anarchistwithoutcontent.wordpress.com/2010/04/18/tiqqun-apocrypha-repost/

More translations can be found here:

http://tiqqunista.jottit.com/

and collected information about their arrest can be found here:

http://www.notbored.org/tarnac.html

I've just finished reading The Cybernetic Hypothesis and think that
while the text is a ravaging critique of Cybernetics/Systems Theory as
Capitalism and its 'tyranny of transparency', the final few chapters of
the Hypothesis, do offer some steps forward for P2P activists, with
their ideas around panic, Temporary Autonomous Zones, interference/fog,
slowness and ultimately communism.

Joss